Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Lady with the Dog

"The Lady with the Dog", by Anton Chekhov was by far my favorite story we've read this far. The characters were both a little despicable (both cheating on their spouses) but I enjoyed the language of the story. It seemed to me that the story would make a fantastic movie. It just had the kind of settings and  plot line that could eventually make it an Oscar winner.
The story reminded me of an actual novel that I read, "The Paris Wife" by Paula McLain. The novel follows the story of Hadley, who starts the novel a spinster but ends up wearing the novelist Ernest Hemingway. The novel was written very similarly to "The Lady with the Dog" stylistically. The characters also seemed very similar. Dmitri was very similar to the novel's interpretation of Hemingway. So, if you liked "The Lady with the Dog" you would also probably enjoy "The Paris Wife". A quick synopsis of the book

No comments:

Post a Comment