Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Red Wheelbarrow


Not gonna lie, I don't understand this poem. I'd like to believe that there is this deep metaphorical meaning about life and usefulness (or something along those lines), but I honestly think Williams was trying to capture an image of something he say. No metaphor at all. 

I just don't know what to do with this poem. What are we supposed to do with this? It barely counts as a sentence! I like the idea of the word "glazed" being used. It evokes a much different emotion than a word like dripped or shined (not that I could tell you what that emotion is). 

I want there to be something more to this poem. It's a sentence! One! And not even a very good one at that! I want there to be some deeper meaning to this poem. It needs to tell what "so much depends upon". I don't think it's just the wheelbarrow. Maybe so much depends upon hard work and perseverance. Maybe so much depends upon our ability to weather the storm. Maybe we all just need to make friends with chickens. I don't know!


No comments:

Post a Comment